Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lacy Tank Top





This is the product of one of those free patterns at Michael's. I've been saving it for a few years and finally decided to make it. It calls for two whole 6 oz skeins of Caron Simply Soft and I had just picked up the last two clearanced balls of Rubine Red which I had been wanting to make something with for the longest time. Perfect.

I made the front and back using not even one whole skein! How was the pattern that far off? I don't know what to use the rest of the yarn for now, because I can't get anymore. Whatever.

I love the lacy shells on the bottom. They were really fun to make; I think it was only a 4 row repeat. It took me forever to find the right ribbon to match this top. It's a skinny silky tubular rope kind of ribbon. They untie a lot, but it looks really cute with a black tank top under it.

No comments: