Sunday, May 24, 2009

Kitchen Curtains




I bought an issue of Better Homes and Gardens Crochet issue a few years back and it had a pattern for a little lacy cotton bistro curtain. The colors were bright sunny yellow and royal bluish. I liked the style, but couldn't think of making them because of the colors. There is also a table runner and chair cushions to make a really cute set.
I recently painted my kitchen. It was a terrible brown color with gorgeous white cabinets. I had been using this kitchen for almost a year and decided to paint it and make it brighter. I painted the walls white corn and the cabinet doors key lime. It looks really vintage. The pattern popped into my head immediately. I didn't really want to use the variagated cotton, but it was the closest color that they had. After I finished, the color tones really did mesh well.
The actual making of the pattern was really simple. Shells and dc, ch 1 mesh. The size of the first curtain fit perfectly in my smaller window, but had to do a little sizing to increase the second one to fit into the larger window.
I used peaches and cream cotton and an H hook.


No comments: