Sunday, May 24, 2009

Circle Doily


This is the product of a free Circle Medallion Doily pattern sheet from Hobby Lobby or some such place. I believe they used a Red Heart sock yarn that just came out, but I love this yarn and wanted to try it with the pattern. It' s beautifully spun sock weight yarn with a purple and blue color. It used to be my Nana's, so it's obviously discontinued and vintage. It was made in a small town in South Carolina, where I am from. I originally had about 20 of the 1 oz/28 g balls of it and have been using it quite a bit over the few years that I've had it. The label doesn't say how many yards are in each ball, so it's always a risk making a project.
The picture on the pattern had the doily in picture frames. I love the idea of that, but I don't think that this was the right yarn to put in a frame. I will do this pattern again, but will use a variagated yarn and maybe make a couple in solids.
This was a really easy pattern, with only about 7 or 8 rounds.

No comments: