Friday, April 19, 2013

Funky Halter (still altering this pattern)


 
This is a pattern that I designed on my own. I have been working on it a bit to polish all of the edits and alterations that I have made over the years. The mannequin above has a more natural figure than the one below! I used both to show that a slightly bigger bust (though unnaturally proportioned as this mannequin is) looks a little better with this halter.
The bottom of the halter is constructed first, then the band and ties, then the cups are added last. There is a slip stitch zig zag connecting the cups. In previous patterns, I could get the cups to look right. You basically had to have the most perfect boobs to hold up these cups. I sure don't. On a whim, I tried the zig zag and fell in love with the look of it. Using a sock yarn and hook too large for this yarn (L), makes a very drapey and open fabric. I used Patons Kroy sock yarn. I love pretty much all of their colorways. I am working on another already (still editing) and the colorway (Fern Rose Jacquard) is so bright and happy with its Kelly green, cotton candy pink, and electric blues.
The back of the halter is completely open, great for showing off those back tattoos. Also, good point to make, the cups are lined with fabric. Sewing machines are not my friends. I did line these cups myself, but will pay someone else to do it next time.

No comments: