Friday, April 19, 2013

Cowl Shawlette

 
A new favorite pattern, based off of the cowl shawl. This would be the Cowl Shawlette! Made in thinner yarn (sport, sock, or lace) and with a smaller needle, to be worn open or pinned around the neck or shoulders. The black yarn is a Phildar  85% acrylic and 15% wool, so it still lends warmth, but slightly more washable than the colorful one below.

 
The variegated shawlette is made from Malabrigo lace. I bought the yarn on my Yarn Along trip last September. I waited forever to use the yarn, just until I could figure out the best pattern to use it for. I think I made the right decision. It's a soft, airy, and clingy fabric made of 100% wool and 100% warm! It's super bright and can be worn with anything! I am keeping that one for myself.
The black shawlette is for sale on etsy.
 
 
 

No comments: