Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Socks


This is my very first complete adult sock made especially for me. I have not finished the second yet. I am really distracted, however the second sock is in my queue.
I got the pattern from the book Knitalong, which is an amazing book and I hope to buy it in the very near future. It calls for Manos del Uraguay yarn and Knitter's Cove did not carry it, so I bought a ball of yarn in the 20% off bin. I have misplaced the label, but I do remember the color was called Lemon Grape and I fell in love.
After Melena and I puzzled over the turning heel directions, it finally clicked.
The only thing that I am not too satisfied with is that you keep decreasing until only 8 stitches remain and use the Kitchener Stitch to bind off. Decreasing all the way to 8 stitches made the sock look elfish! I wish I foresaw that! And I suck at the Kitchener Stitch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NICHOLES WORK IS GREAT!
I MET HER LAST WEEK AT A CRAFT FAIR AND I LOVE EVERYTHING SHE MAKES AND HER PRICES ARE GREAT TOO!
YOU WILL BE VERY PLEASED WITH THE WORK SHE DOES SO SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT HER!
HER BIGGEST FAN!