Sunday, September 27, 2009

Jack's Socks




Note:This my first attempt at socks.
Found this cute pattern on Ravelry, called the Pitter Patter Socks. I asked Jack to pick out which pair of socks he wanted and these are what he chose. The pattern goes up to a 5T and that's the size I made. I used size 4 double points and Vanna's Choice yarn even though the pattern called for size 5 dpns and dk weight yarn. They fit him perfectly and he loves them. I am still searching craft stores and beyond for those non-stick dots that you put on the bottom of socks.
I am not very good at the Kitchener Stitch yet, so I tried it on one sock and didn't like it and did a three needle bind off on the second. Apparently everyone writes sock patterns differently. The heel in this pattern is mostly wrapped stitches and short rows.
I recommend this pattern.

No comments: