Monday, February 7, 2011

Franky's Skull Sweater


Franky is a dachshound mix, but he's a good size at 15-20 pounds. I used Bernat's Skull Sweater pattern. I used Paton's wool. He looks so handsome in his sweater and it's really light, but warm. I don't think Franky minds wearing it at all. He never gives me trouble when I put it on him and he doesn't try to take it off either. Since its wool, it stretches a bit, so sometimes if he has been laying around in his sweater all day I'll find his arms (legs, whatever) sticking out and he looks like he's wearing a skull skirt! Also, his chest is pretty broad. If I could do it all over again, I would add about an inch or so more between the leg holes. I was pretty excited to make and finish this project, so it only took me a few days to finish. The chartwork, shaping, and edging were all very simple.
The only thing I am not too thrilled about is that I have to hand wash it. No biggie though.

No comments: