Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Vintage Shawl Wrap

I absolutely love this shawl. I got it from Blueprint Crochet and made it for a wonderful friend. She was very happy. It fit me a little too baggy but she looked way better in it than me and I regret not getting a picture of her wearing it instead. It's a shawl wrap inspired by a vintage sleeping jacket. You wrap it around your body criss-crossed through the two slits in the front and tie it in the back. At first I really hated the design of the pattern (sorry Robyn Chachula) but the end product was so totally worth the frustration!
It took me a while to find the right yarn to use as a substitute. I used a silver light worsted weight acrylic yarn, but for the life of me, I can remember which brand. I believe it was caron.com Country. I will have to go through my labels.

No comments: