Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dad's Half-Pipe Hat




I checked out Son of a Stitch N Bitch from the library and thought the whole book was pretty cool and I even wanted to make a few things for myself. My husband and dad thought the whole book was nonsense! However, my dad did like this hat! It's called The Half-Pipe Hat.
I used less than 2 50g balls of Dehli Queensland Collection color 05; 90% wool 10% Nylon. It took me forever to find the right yarn because none of the LYS around here sold the yarn used in the pattern. I can't remember off the top of my head what it called for, but I do remember that it was 2 strands of 100% baby camel. The brim is a crescent shape cut from the plastic grid material used for rug hooking. I think the hat came out great. I really enjoyed making the it altogether. I was fairly quick, easy, and painless.

No comments: